Sunday 3 August 2014

what do we really deserve?



 Today I am not an individual looking for my OWN rights but a common person looking for WHAT the millions of people deserve. We deserve freedom, freedom from all those that are clipping our wings and tearing our hopes and aspirations apart. We deserve the right, the right to have faith, faith in ourselves and faith in each other to help us break those huge walls society has built to cage us in. There are so many barriers I have broken with people who are constantly there for me and I have faith in them and over time they have become my family. People say “They are neither your parents nor your siblings, how can you call them your family?” I ask them back “You have parents and siblings and they are your family right? So you must be telling them about everything, your relationships and ups and downs in life, all the things you’ve gone through as an adolescent.”
  I know, most people answer no. Why? Because they may have the same blood running in them, but not the trust and faith inside their hearts for each other. We all deserve families, families which will not jump at the opportunity of forming an opinion about us, our character and our decisions, families which will accept us no matter what, which will understand us understand us even through our silence. We deserve love, not the type in which we have duties and are bound to do them but love, in which we do every single thing with willingness and because we want others to be happy and when we do, then and only then they become our family. Hence, I and the billions of people out there deserve families, true families and nevertheless, we deserve happiness…
Be happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment