Monday 6 February 2017

The Story Of Two Souls

Dear readers,

   It has been so long since I have come up and so many things have happened in my life that it forces me to question how much do I know...about myself. Here, I want to share a poem in the words of which, I try to cover a part of  life but this isn't my story, but that of many hearts. Anyway, hope you like it...

                                  The Story Of Two Souls


Two souls walked hand in hand
Their love had a tempting glow
Neither in haste, nor leisurely,
The sands of time did flow.

The road went on and on,
With pebbles in between,
Filled with pangs of jealousy 
Concealed beneath their sheen.

The road went on and on
And divide at last in two
For once the souls had each a choice to make,
Two chose two.

The astra inclinant,
Showed them the way,
Each had a path to walk.
And though they preserved their glow,
With all their might,
But alas, came the dead of night.

One soul felt the need to run,
The pebbles shattered his faith in stars.
He ran and ran and ran and ran
Ad infinitum
To defeat the wheel of time.
Engaged in his endeavour,
One soul all alone,
He blindly left behind...
                            

                                                      ...

With love,
Namrata

No comments:

Post a Comment